Black Mold Remediation in Edmond, OK
Paul Davis technicians specialize in professionally repairing water damage and searching for black mold growth. When a disaster affects your home or business, we’ll thoroughly finish the job so that you never have to make a second call.
The Paul Davis Promise
- We reply instantly, no matter what time it is, so the damage doesn’t get worse while you wait.
- Licensed professionals have the know-how to safely and expertly accomplish water cleanup and mold remediation.
- Paul Davis’s one-stop service includes structural drying, damage restoration, and antimicrobial actions.
- Advanced equipment and technology senses the source and quarantines the spot, halting its spread.
What is Black Mold?
Black mold is the stuff of homeowners’ nightmares. It is a toxin-producing fungus that slips in unseen, and then consumes the property. Fungus is everywhere – indoors and out – just waiting for the environment it needs to take root and reproduce. Microscopic spores can lie inactive almost indefinitely, until they find dark, dank areas to stay in. The toxins in black mold can be damaging to humans and animals. It belongs to a species of toxin-producing molds, all of which can be just as risky.
Information about Mold
Black mold grows quickly, so you should never delay calling a professional to inspect for mold infestation. They can go unseen for weeks, and then appear essentially overnight.
Once mold creates colonies in your property, it immediately breeds and discharges toxins that make life difficult for occcupants:
- Mold emits a pungent, musty scent that stops rooms from smelling fresh.
- Mold wreaks havoc on allergy-sensitive people, as well as those with asthma, making symptoms flare up.
- A black mold infestation can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and trouble breathing.
- Mold toxins can activate long-lasting inflammation and continuous cold-like symptoms.
- People with weakened immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare instances, mold toxins can cause neurological issues or even death.
- The more lengthy the exposure, the greater the danger.
Exceptionally humid homes and offices can be vulnerable to mold infestations even if no water damage has happened. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an skillful opinion right away.
If you want to eradicate mold, the environment where it flourishes must first be removed. Water sources have to be handled, and any residual moisture must be efficiently dried out. Only then can mold removal and remediation start.
Whether a leaky roof, burst pipe, or other opening, it isn’t enough to stem the tide. Moisture can drench hidden sections of your home. Without proper cleanup methods, mold will keep coming back to these areas.
What We Do
- Our team will scrutinize the area and evaluate visible and unseen damage triggered by water and mold, and what action should be taken to stop further damage.
- We contain the mold so that it can’t transmit to larger areas.
- We use modern air filtration techniques to remove spores from the air.
- We get rid of mold and any items that have been infested with it, and then we administer antimicrobial substances to dispose of the remaining mold.
- We clean household items, carpeting, furniture and decor that have come into contact with mold. This includes getting rid of that awful, musty odor.
- We restore the area to its pre-damaged condition using new drywall, paint, carpet, and other building materials.
While no procedure can ensure that a home won’t be re-infested with mold, we can make your home or business as unwelcoming to mold as possible.
Contact Paul Davis of Edmond right away. Whether it’s your home or business that has been conceded, our prompt, comprehensive, expertly trained technicians will turn back time on your water and mold damage. We’ll work work together to return things to their pre-damaged state.